Are you a community leader who is interested in taking part in transformational change in your community, making an impact around the world, and expanding your personal and professional network? If so, Rotary Club of Madison is eager to hear from you.
Become a Member
Our members are a diverse group of socially and ethically responsible leaders joining together to impact communities at the local level and on a global scale. And because membership fuels our club’s impact, we take it seriously.
- The club’s classification system regulates the number of members from individual businesses and professional industries. This ensures a broad cross section of community representation and provides a unique opportunity for members to network with people from outside their own professional sphere.
Weekly Luncheon Meetings – our club meets each Wednesday at the Park Hotel on the Square from noon until 1:10pm to enjoy lunch, connect with fellow members, and hear from guest speakers on a wide range of interesting topics.
Recent luncheon speakers include:
- Anthony Gray: Ethical Fitness – Creating a Values Driven Culture
- Tory Miller: Future Growth of Madison Food Scene
- Debbie Seeger: Impact of the Changing Workforce Demographics
- Ken DeSantes: New Immunotherapy Research for Treating Childhood Cancer
- Chip Duncan: Tolkien and Lewis – Myth, Imagination, and the Quest for Meaning
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Candidates Forum
Attending luncheons regularly is recommended in order to take full advantage of Rotary’s benefits, so members are expected to attend at least 50% of these meetings in each six-month period of our year. If you’re worried about committing to attending weekly meetings, rest assured, Rotary Club of Madison makes it easy for busy members to stay engaged while maintaining the attendance requirements. For example, members can attend:
- Committee meetings or fellowship activities
- A meeting at any of the 35,000+ Rotary Clubs around the world when traveling
Service – as a very engaged and active club, our members are asked to serve on at least one committee or join a fellowship group.
With more than 40 committees to select from, members have the opportunity to contribute their skills to our club in a variety of ways and accommodate their busy schedules as well. Here are just a few of our committees:
- Budget & Finance
- Community Grants
- Ethics Symposium
- International Projects & Programs
- Marketing & Communications
- Racial Equity & Inclusion
- Rotary Youth Exchange
- Scholar Mentor
Rotary Club of Madison is more than committee work and meetings – we have a lot of fun, too. Our club offers more than 25 fellowship groups, giving members the chance to learn new things while getting to know fellow members in a more casual setting. For example:
- Beer and Homebrew
- Broadway Shows
- Going Green
- Hiking / Skiing
- Notable Books
- Sporting Clays
- Wellness / Healing
Financial Obligations – include a one-time fee, semi-annual dues, and foundation support:
- One-time admission fee – $350.00
- Semi-annual dues – $617.50, includes weekly luncheon meal
- Madison Rotary Foundation – $250 average annual contribution
- The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International – $100 average annual contribution
Should I Join?
Potential Rotary Club of Madison members are leaders in good standing who live or work in the Madison area, like to roll up their sleeves and get involved, and know a current Rotarian who is willing to be their membership sponsor. If that’s you, join us at a complimentary luncheon soon to experience firsthand the power of Rotary to inspire, connect, and transform.
To learn more about our Rotary Club: Rotary Club of Madison Brochure