Rotary Club of Madison
Social Media Posting Guidelines
The Rotary Club of Madison’s social media venues will use the following guidelines:
• Rotary topics are encouraged as well as interactions among members.
• Commercial or solicitation postings are not allowed.
• Requests seeking service volunteers are permitted.
• Non-Rotary Club fundraising will not be allowed without the express agreement of the Club’s board of directors.
• Spamming or flooding (excessive posts) will not be allowed. Members are not permitted to repost topics repeatedly.
• Refrain from posting messages that are inconsistent with Rotary values of service, fellowship, diversity, integrity and leadership.
• No posting of religious, political, sexist, ethnically or racially offensive, or obscene messages.
• In group discussions, stay on topic. Be respectful and civil to fellow members. Personal attacks are prohibited.
• Follow the “4-way test” in all discussions.
o Is it the truth?
o Is it fair to all concerned?
o Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
o Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
• Messages or postings that do not meet these guidelines can be removed.
• The Rotary Club of Madison Executive Director has final decision on all postings and this decision is not negotiable.
• If a post is removed, the person who posted the message will not be notified and no explanation will be given.